This recipe is one we tend to make a lot. It’s a creation that’s half bolognese, half san choy bau and it’s not only easy to make but it’s delicious and a balanced meal that’s packed full of flavour and nutrients.
The following recipe serves 2 for a main meal.
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1/2 a leek
- 1/2 of a brown onion
- 400 grams of pork mince
- Organic tomato pasta sauce
- 6-8 roughly chopped brussel sprouts
- 4-5 lettuce cups
- Pinch of italian herbs
- Cracked pepper + salt to season
- Optional addition: fetta cheese
- Use a garlic crushed to crush 1 clove of garlic in a hot pan along with chopped onion and leek. We use a non stick pan that doesn’t require olive oil but if you don’t have one of these a tablespoon of olive oil is recommended.
- Add the mince and cook until brown
- Add the pasta sauce and let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Then add roughly chopped brussel sprouts and allow to cook for another 10 minutes
- Add in italian herbs, salt and pepper
- Spoon into lettuce cups to serve.