SALMON + SWEET POTATO FISHCAKES
These little patties are jam packed with flavour and are a great option for a quick, healthy meal. Enjoyed hot or cold – they’re a weekly staple.
- 2 sweet potatoes (roughly 300g)
- 150 fillet of salmon
- 1 eggs
- Plain flour
- 1 Leek
- Small handful of parsley
- Olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into pieces. Place potatoes in the boiling water, bring to the boil.
- Wraps your salmon fillets in foil and place in a colander over the boiling water. Then cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Chop parsley and leek. Place leek in to a pan with oil and caramelize.
- Once cooked remove the fish from the foil and strain the sweet potato.
- Let sweet potato cool then place into a large bowl and mash.
- Remove the skin from the fish and break up then add to the mash. Add parsley, egg, flour, leek, salt and pepper. Mash well.
- Dust a plate with flour and divide mash into 4 even patties and dust with flour*. Place them in the fridge to firm up.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat with some olive oil.
- When the oil is hot place the fish cakes into the pan and cook on each side for about 4 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown, remove and serve.
* Note: when making into the patties, be sure to dust your hands with flour to avoid it sticking.