This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected or submitted (whether online or offline) to Stenmark.Life It explains how Stenmark Lifea handles personal information and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Information We Collect and hold
Stenmark.Life collects personal information from individuals who purchase Stenmark.Life products or services, participate in Stenmark.Life competitions or promotions, subscribe to our mailing list, express interest in our products and services, visit our website, submit queries, undertake surveys, provide feedback, seek or enter into dealership or retailer arrangements with Stenmark.Life or contact Stenmark.Life for other reasons (including, for example, in relation to returns, repairs and warranty or gift redemptions). We collect and hold this information when it is reasonably necessary for our business purposes.
The types of personal information that Stenmark.Life will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include:
- your personal details on our websites (for example during registration) when you provide information via fax or over the telephone or in documents such as warranty registration forms;
- from third parties such as our related companies, contractors and agents;
- from sources of information which are available to the public;
- from our own records relating to the service and repair of your products;
- information on prior purchase experience with Stenmark.Life and ownership of other relevant non-Stenmark.Life products;
- age, occupation and information on personal lifestyle and other preferences for marketing purposes;
- financial information (collected for purposes of transactions or dealership or retailer arrangements, and information may also be collected on salary ranges for surveys and research)’ or
- from our other websites
On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials and services.
If you decline to provide us with the information we require then we may not be able to provide you with our products and/or services, respond to your queries or permit you to participate in promotions or competitions or enter into dealership or retailer arrangements with Stenmark.Life, or purchase Stenmark.Life products or services.
Our website is not set up to automatically collect personally identifiable information from each visitor to our website. It does recognise the home server of visitors, but not email addresses. For example, we can tell which Internet Service Provider our visitors use, but not the names, addresses or other information about our visitors that would allow us to identify the particular visitors to our website. This information is used only for internal purposes by our technical support staff.
Our website does track certain information about the visits to our website. For example, we compile statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its individual pages. These aggregated statistics are used internally to improve our website and for product development and marketing purposes generally. Those aggregated statistics may also be provided to advertisers and other third parties, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
How We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Information
Stenmark.Life collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for specific purposes, which will vary according to the type of information collected. Such purposes may include the following:
- to support your customer or dealer/retailer relationship with Stenmark.Life (including, for example, to provide you with goods and/or services that you request and assist with your inquiries and requests);
- provide the services and information relating to products that you require;
- administer and manage the services we provide;
- third party organisations who have been retained by Stenmark.Life to assist us in providing services to you including:- delivery, installation, maintenance, repair, market research marketing and/or telemarketing, our professional advisers, for example, our auditors and lawyers government, regulatory or other organisations to whom we are required to disclose your personal information by law;
- gain a better understanding of your requirements in order for us to provide you with better and more personalised information suited to your needs;
- research and develop our services;
- to facilitate access to and manage our website;
- to notify you of special offers, events or promotions, updated information and new products and services from Stenmark.Life that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct promotions or competitions which you participate in;
- to undertake research or surveys to enable us to improve our products and services; or
- to operate our business efficiently;
- independent contractors and consultants, offsite security storage providers, website hosts, media agencies, third party call centres, mail-houses, database managers and event managers, may sometimes have access to personal information held by Stenmark.Life and may use it on behalf of Stenmark.Life. Third parties who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential;
- we may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes;
- we may enhance or merge your information collected at its website with data from third parties for the purposes of marketing products or services to you; and
- our related companies and product partners.
We will not use or disclose any personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law or pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings;
- it is in connection with a corporate divestiture or dissolution where we sell all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated databases or customer lists containing your personal information);
- it is permitted by this Privacy Statement;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with goods or services you have requested;
- it is necessary to implement our terms of service, or terms of our competitions or promotions or other terms we may have in place with you;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a Stenmark.Life employee, another customer or any member of the public or Stenmark.Life; and
- we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Stenmark.Life. These disclosures are made subject to suitable protection for privacy and confidentiality being in place. The organisations to whom we would usually disclose your information are: – third party organisations who have been retained by Stenmark.Life to assist us in providing services to you including:- delivery, installation, maintenance, repair, market research marketing and/or telemarketing, our professional advisers, for example, our auditors and lawyers government,
- regulatory or other organisations to whom we are required to disclose your personal information by law.
Dealing with us anonymously
Where lawful and practicable to do so you can deal with us anonymously e.g. general inquiries about the services we can offer you.
Using your personal information for marketing
We may send you information, including by email, about our various products and services or special offers, promotions or events that may be of interest to you. Only Stenmark.Life (or third parties working on behalf of Stenmark.Life) will send you these direct mailings.
If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily opt out of receiving further marketing from Stenmark.Life by contacting us at www.stenmark.life/contact. You can also use the unsubscribe function in the email to inform us that you do not wish to receive such information from us by email.
Web Measurement Service used by Stenmark.Life
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we attempt to put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, due to the inherent nature of all data transmissions over the internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee that the information that you submit on our website will be unable to be obtained by an unauthorised party.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Stenmark.Life takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect, disclose and use is as up to date as possible. Subject to certain exceptions allowed by law, everyone who has provided personal information has the right to access that personal information. For security reasons you will be required to put any request for access to your personal information into writing. You may obtain access to your own personal information by contacting us via the contact us page. You should also contact us if you wish to modify any of your personal information.
When you make a request to access personal information, we may require you to provide some form of identification so that we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates.
It is important that you advise us of any changes to your personal information or if there are any errors in the personal information we are holding about you. If at any time, you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend this information. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
Stenmark.Life will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information that we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If we hold your information electronically, it will be stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
Stenmark.Life may transfer your personal information to facilities overseas to store, process or back-up our information. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
Our website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of Stenmark.Life and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of such third party websites or data collection that may be undertaken on those websites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of those websites.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of information provided on our website. However, except as otherwise required by law, Stenmark.Life does not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions on the website.
To the extent permitted by law, Stenmark.Life will not liable for loss, damage or liability arising from errors, omissions, inaccuracies or any misleading or out of date information whether contained on this site or any link attached to this site.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our website contains material in which the copyright is owned by Stenmark.Life. This material including wording, depictions and logos may be downloaded for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose or further reprinted without prior written permission from
Complaints Handling and How to Contact Us
Changes to our Privacy Statement
From time to time, this Privacy Statement will be reviewed and may be revised. Stenmark.Life will post any updated versions of our Privacy Statement on our website. If we hold your personal information, we will notify you of changes to our Privacy Statement and such changes will take effect within 21 days of such notice unless you indicate your refusal to accept such changes to us within that period.
1st June 2015