These chocolate avocado cookies may look naughty, they’re anything but. We bet you can’t even tell they’re made with avocado. These are one indulgence you can & will enjoy.
– 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 2/3 cup raw cacao
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup mashed avocado
– 3/4 cup coconut sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup almond milk
– 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Set oven to 175 C. Place baking paper onto a baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder, salt and cacao. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together coconut oil, avocado and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Add the almond milk and mix
- Now slowly add the remainder of the flour. Continue mixing until the flour is completely integrated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place balls of dough, roughly about a tablespoon in size on the prepared baking tray. With a spatula slightly flatten the balls of dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Tip: If you like your cookies a little thinner and flatter, use a spatula to flatten immediately after removing them from the oven.